Exterior Semi-Tech General discussion of exterior for the Ford Ranger.

My truck is getting a face lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck is getting a face lift

PICTURES ADDED, LOOK BELOW!!!

I started to finally give my truck its face lift today. I ordered a Street Scene's Speed Grill from Charles the other week, and a second set of clear corners (remember i destroyed my others in the oven, lol).

anyways, the grill is being painted black; the headlights are being painted black; and the clear corners are being painted black.

i spent some time today takeing everything off the front of my truck (headlights, corner lenses, grill shell), i also painted the SS grill black. first i did 3 coats of primer, then 3 coats of flat black (didnt want anything too glossy), then i did 3 coats of clear coat. it looks really good. im leaving it in my garage over night untouched so it has a good chance too really dry well. im now going to start to do the head light mod (hopefully allowing them to dry for the night too).

i dont have any pics yet. i would, but i lost my damn charger for my camera, and of course its dead. it figures too, cause today i also got to sit in a Ford GT right outside of my own house (by the way im in love, lol). anyways though, tomorrow im going to buy another charger, charge my damn camera, then ill take pics tomorrow afternoon of everything, and post!

Last edited by Strider0O0; 09-13-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2005
ooo that is going to look sweet ... can not wait to see pics! carfull u dont destroy ur new clears lol

Old 09-11-2005
RF Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds sweet!

Old 09-11-2005
sounds good. cant wait to see some pics.

Old 09-11-2005
:Worthless

Sounds like you have been busy!

Old 09-11-2005
i cant wait to see what it looks like cause i was wanting to do the same thing with the grill

Old 09-11-2005
Originally Posted by Rangerboy03lvl2
ooo that is going to look sweet ... can not wait to see pics! carfull u dont destroy ur new clears lol
lol, second time's a charm, hopefully!

i've been slowly, very very slowly, baking my head lights for the past 45 mins or so. i keep pulling them out to check everything. they're just about seperated now, and look to be just fine. one corner is still snug, so i poped it back in for another few mins to warm up some more. im not going any higher than 200 degrees, lol.. i dont care if it takes me all night, no way in hell am i melting more stuff in my oven!

and yes, i was waiting for someone to post the "worthless without pics" thing, lol. tomorrow!

Old 09-11-2005
I FEEL LIKE THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE!!!!!

lol, i just got the first headlight seperated perfectly. now for the second one. i was shaking as i was pulling the lense apart becuase i was so afraid i'd crack it like i did the corner lenses last time.

Old 09-11-2005
Originally Posted by Strider0O0
I FEEL LIKE THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE!!!!!

lol, i just got the first headlight seperated perfectly. now for the second one. i was shaking as i was pulling the lense apart becuase i was so afraid i'd crack it like i did the corner lenses last time.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2005
Sounds good...

Old 09-11-2005
Level III Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Strider0O0
and yes, i was waiting for someone to post the "worthless without pics" thing, lol. tomorrow!
its 12:18am its tomarrow :Worthless

Old 09-11-2005
i got both seperated finally. i've got the first one just about taped off fully. im going to start to tape off the second one in a few minutes. hopefully i should have them both taped and sprayed, and drying by 1:30.

ahh, its such a relief knowing they're both seperated now. it was nice to turn the oven off, lol.

EDIT: and oh, Zach..

Old 09-11-2005
that's awesome, haha. I can't wait for them pictuers. Sounds like a lot. Hope you're gonna keep your taurus emblem on it. I love it

Old 09-11-2005
Originally Posted by r0ng5
that's awesome, haha. I can't wait for them pictuers. Sounds like a lot. Hope you're gonna keep your taurus emblem on it. I love it
i've got a different idea for the new grill. you'll see in the pics tomrrow. if noone likes it, then ill go back to the taurus emblem. but, if it looks as well as i pictured, then ill keep it! im not gonna say what im doin though, its a secret.

Old 09-11-2005
BTW, how did you get the taurus thang on there?

Old 09-11-2005
RF Veteran
Thats going to look good but I wanna see pics!!!!

Old 09-11-2005
hey if you ever get the orange and black paint scheme you should include it in the headlight mod to continue the flow lol

Old 09-11-2005
Originally Posted by rolla_guy72
BTW, how did you get the taurus thang on there?
zip ties! they worked great, and were hidden once i trimmed them back enough. the taurus emblem has 4 small clips on the back of it. i basically just zip tied each one to the closest part of the honey comb grill it was near. by the time i was done, it didnt move at all.

Originally Posted by zeus
hey if you ever get the orange and black paint scheme you should include it in the headlight mod to continue the flow lol
i think i'd actually keep them black. i have the black tail lights, and i think they'd actually look pretty good as black, inside the orange paint section.

EDIT: oh annd by the way- i still have to wait for my clear corners to come in. i ordered them on ebay last friday night. becuase of the holiday weekend last week, i didnt get an email till wednesday stating that they were shipped tuesday afternoon. so.. hopefully they'll be in tomorrow, and i can get them done tomrrow night.

Old 09-13-2005
Alright, here's a couple quick pictures of the front end. i just got the corner's in today, so they aren't in the pics.

the last pic i did for the hell of it. it has the paint job i talked about in my other thread!

sorry about the truck being dirty in the pics.. it hasnt' been washed in a while. im going to give everything a day or 2 on the truck before i attempt to wash any of it. better pics will be up soon

Old 09-13-2005
RF Veteran
sweet... where did ya get that grill from?

Old 09-13-2005
Originally Posted by ranger02_4x4
sweet... where did ya get that grill from?
from charles here on the forums. his site, www.wholesalemn.com, had it the cheapest. right now they only have brushed aluminum or chrome for our trucks, and no black or black chrome.. so i had to paint mine to get it the way i wanted.

Old 09-13-2005
RF Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
looks sweet, is that color change PS or did you really paint it orange?

Old 09-13-2005
Originally Posted by 2x4XLT
is that color change PS or did you really paint it orange?
ill take that as a compliment! lol, but, as of right now its only a PS.. someday maybe.. but, not likely.

Old 09-13-2005
RF Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yea you did a really good job on that.... i was going crazy trying to figure out how you aligned both pics up exactly the same....

Old 09-13-2005
Originally Posted by 2x4XLT
yea you did a really good job on that.... i was going crazy trying to figure out how you aligned both pics up exactly the same....
lol, well i am a perfectionist! duh.. lol.

Quick Reply: My truck is getting a face lift